Our studio is not open for classes until Sept 14. This page will be continually updated to reflect our current policies when open.
We want this to be a safe, healthy, and beautiful place for your children to continue dancing. While adjusting how we do things can be difficult, we are committed to following all state and federal guidelines and maintaining safety as our first priority.
1. Signs are posted outside Design Dance Studio that ask individuals to refrain from entering if they have been sick, experiencing any symptoms, or been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID-19. We ask that individuals who enter practice social distancing of 6ft. We will check each child and all DDC faculty temperature prior to entering the studio lobby, and cannot grant attendance if it is at or above 100.4°F. Masks are required for all parents and dancers 5 and up at all times. In keeping with the recent mandate, we are unable to allow you inside during our designated open hours without a mask on.
2. We will have accurate records kept of attendance, times, dates, and have each dancer’s contact information to provide accurate information for the Health Department if we are required to do so. 3. Both studios have been marked to maintain 6-10 ft distance between dancers while dancing, including with the instructor. Places to stand on the sides have also been marked in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
4. We will disinfect all surfaces frequently, and bathrooms and floors each night. More than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, masks, no-touch trash cans, and hand-washing guidelines in both bathrooms will be readily available for all students and faculty.
5. Our HVAC system will be on for all classes, and the lobby door will be left open for ventilation, weather permitting. We have also purchased 2 Medify MA-40W V2.0 Medical Grade Filtration H13 True HEPA Air Purifier, 99.97%, based on the CDC recommendation for a HEPA air purifier for adequate air filtration. These air filters will run during classes and after in both studios.
6. Dressing rooms and our drinking fountain will be closed until further notice. Dancers are asked to come dressed and bring their own water bottle, and bags will be put along the edge of the hallway on personally marked locations.
7. We ask that phones stay in bags when inside the building, as they have been found to carry a high viral load.
8. Parents are asked to stay outside the studio for pickup, and if coming inside, a mask is required and will be provided if requested. We will have all payments and correspondence available online so entering the studio is not essential.
9. We ask that families follow all Health Department guidelines if a case occurs within their family, and their dancer takes class through Zoom, which will be an option for any student any time. We also ask dancers to attend virtual classes if they have have had contact with an individual who is has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or if you have been out of state to a high risk county (each state has a map of high risk areas) in the last 14 days. If that is the case, the student is able to be tested 72 hours post exposure and return post a confirmed negative test.
10. All Design faculty have been asked to follow the above procedures, will be provided with PPE, and given up-to-date education and training on COVID-19 risk factors and protective behaviors, as well as self-evaluation symptoms checklists to assess themselves prior to coming to the studio. If they feel ill in any way they are required to stay home and there are no barriers for them to take time off. We have open online lines of communication with all faculty for them to voice concerns. All classes have been scheduled to reduce the total number of employees in our facility at a given time.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. We are not able to give refunds or tuition breaks at any time due to the nature of these extenuating circumstances. No dancer is required to attend in person, and all classes will also be recorded or live via Zoom.